Friday, January 30, 2009

They're not booing, They're saying "Duuuuuuce!"

So, just for fun, I decided to take a look and see what Steelers jerseys were available on ebay.

You've got the usual crop of current Steelers - Roethlisberger, Ward, Polamalu, Holmes, Harrison, Casey Hampton, even some less popular players like Mewelde Moore. You've got some of the popular old-timers such as Bradshaw, Lambert, Greene (Joe and Kevin), Woodson. I guess you could even put Levon Kirkland in that category.

Then you've got some oddities. Duce Staley, who was a bust as a free agent. Yancey Thigpen, who was actually good for a couple of years, but I will always remember him for dropping a wide-open TD pass at the end of a meaningless game in Green Bay in 1995 (in a game we watched at Messiah's house, I have no clue why I remember this so vividly). Mark Bruener, nondescript tight end. Kordell Stewart. Oy. I think I would buy this, just to cross out the "Stewart" and write in "Holmes". My personal favorite, though is the Plaxico Burress jersey, which has the wrong number on it.