Monday, December 15, 2008

Hold that Toddler!

So, I think everyone in the intertubes needs to know that my 15-month old son (known as the Moose, or alternatively, Bam-Bam (as in the Flintstones, not Morris)) is responsible for the Steelers run of come-from-behind victories. During each of the Chargers, Cowboys, and Ravens games, the Moose was removed by his mother from the bath and handed to me, wrapped in a towel, during the fourth quarter, right after the Steelers had done something that made it look like they had blown the game (e.g. getting stopped on 4th and goal in the Dallas game, or the sack-fumble in the Ravens game). As soon as I picked him up, good things started to happen, and I refused to put him down. You all know the results of those three games. What you may not know, however, is how difficult it is to hold the world’s strongest toddler for such a long period of time. All I’m saying is that I would like to be voted a playoff share. Possibly one each for me and the Moose.

By the way, as further evidence of the Moose’s Steelers prowess, during the Sunday nighter against the Jags back in week 5, the Moose refused to sleep, and he was downstairs with me watching the comeback in that one as well, although I wasn’t holding him.

Finally, I should add that every Sunday since the Chargers game, I have been wearing the same, beat-up Steelers sweatshirt that I bought sometime during the Barry Foster era. It has not been washed during that time, and will not be washed until they lose a game. Make of that what you will.